What is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of semi-permanent tattooing that involves using tiny, fine-point needles stacked together (instead of a tattoo gun) while using a small pen-like tool that can realistically mimic brow hairs by creating thin strokes. All this to create the customers desired fullness and shape of the brow.
Tasmin has always been very interested and passionate about all forms of body modification, from tattooing to microblading; she takes her passion to enhance the body very seriously and strives for perfection.
Microblading has always been an interest of hers; she has graduating from Academy Roselisa in Dorval and is fully certified in the art. She holds herself to the highest standards of hygiene and technique in the industry and always strives for client’s satisfaction. Microblading is best for mimicking natural hair strokes of your eyebrow, and works best on someone who would like darker brows, has over plucked brows (missing hair) or needs a complete reconstruction of eyebrows.
The number of sessions required will vary according to different factors such as the color of the tattoo, the type of ink used, as well as the age of the tattoo. In most cases, more than one session is required and these sessions are usually spaced out by 6 weeks to allow for proper healing.
Microblading unfortunately does not work over permanent makeup (unless very faded). With beautiful results she would love to change your life with this semi permanent procedure lasting for 1-3 years.
PortfolioView complete portfolio on Facebook
How long does it take?
For the first Microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 2.5-3 hours. During this session, the brow technician will shape and style the client’s brows for client approval. We then follow with pigment color selection. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
The client is to come in for a follow up visit in order to have necessary touch ups, without this touch up the microblading will not stay as long. The second Microblading session takes place after 4-6 weeks after the initial session. This session will take approximately 1.5-2 hours to complete.
How long does it take to heal?
The eyebrow area will be slightly red after the procedure and color will appear very dark. This is normal for the procedure and part of the healing process. The color will fade by up to 40% as it heals. In the following days, the eyebrows will continue to be dark and you will notice slight scabbing. Do not pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the microbladed area. The eyebrows will lighten up in color as it heals. No down time is required after microblading procedure. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in. You’ll notice the color is very light right after the two weeks after healing; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as the milk skin and is common in tattooing. This is due to the the tissue still healing from the inside out even though the surface of the skin is healed. True color will reveal itself once healed.
Is it painful?
The pain level for the procedure is considered mild. Prior to the procedure your brow technician will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area, and also reapplied during the procedure. Everyone responds differently to anesthetic; depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as light cat scratches. Topical anesthetics used may contain lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine and epinephrine.
After the procedure, redness and slight swelling in the area is normal. Clients describe the area feeling similar to a light sunburn. Clients can take Tylenol but not aspirin or ibuprofen.
How long does it take to heal?
Your eyebrows will take approximately 10 days to heal. During that week, we encourage you to let them naturally exfoliate off. This means keeping them out of water, sweat, steam, etc. Once the scabbing phase passes, your eyebrows will appear lighter, and their true color should come out after four weeks. As long as you’re good at following the aftercare instructions, there shouldn’t be a problem going to work or being out in public.
How long does it last?
Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade overtime. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age (youthful/mature). Skincare routine will also affect the lasting effect of the pigment: patients who tan, uses products with AHA or Glycolic Acid with fade faster as your skin will resurface faster. Each individual’s color retention within the skin will vary. To maintain the brows looking fresh, a touch up is suggested every 12-18 months. Clients can let the microbladed area fade over time, but please note a slight shadow may remain.
MICROBLADING IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANY CLIENTS WHO ARE OR HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Anyone under 18 years of age
- Using any skin care products that contain any retinol, glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, or alpha hydroxyls (stop use three weeks prior)
- Chemical peels or PRP facial (at least 60 days prior)
- Facial laser treatment (at least 60 days prior)
- Pregnant or nursing (we recommend waiting two months after nursing due to hormonal changes for optimal healed results)
- History of keloids or hypertrophic scarring Epilepsy, MRSA, or lupus
- Chemotherapy (at least a year out and requires doctor’s clearance)
- Diabetic (requires doctor’s clearance)
- Viral infections or diseases
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Organ transplant
- Had botox in the last two weeks
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Using Accutane (must be off for one year)
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Poor general health
- Allergy to epinephrine, dermacaine, benzyl alcohol, lidocaine, or tetracaine
- Currently taking antibiotics
Pre and post care procedures
In order to achieve the best results, it is best to follow the pre and post care instructions.
Prior to your procedure, clients are advised of the following:
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 72 hours.
- Avoid tanning so we can assess your natural skin tone.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels at least two weeks prior.
- Feel free to come in with their brow makeup on so our technician can see your every day look you prefer. Reference pictures of shapes and colors of brows are always welcomed. We will then work together to create the perfect brows!
After your procedure, clients MUST follow these instructions:
- Within 2 hours after the procedure, clean brows using non scented soap gently with water over the microbladed area. Gently wipe away the old healing balm and any lymphatic liquid (clear yellowish liquid) that may have built up. Lightly pat dry with tissue and using a new q-tip, re-apply healing balm to the brows.
- Make sure to apply a light layer of healing balm or Vaseline morning and night to brows for at least 5-7 days.
- Do not over apply healing balm.
- Do not immerse brow area in water for 14 days. When showering, make sure to avoid face area and apply Vaseline every time before going into the shower. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
- Do not put makeup on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. Microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
- Brow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and will start to lightly scab over. Do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation.
- Do not go swimming, tanning or into saunas for at least 14 days, and do not work out for the first for the first 3-5 days (due to sweat)
- No face scrubs or chemical peels at least 2 weeks after.